california assembly - Housing & LAnd use
California Advanced Services Fund: Broadband Public Housing Account
District 64 Assembly Member Mike Gipson
- Transfers $25,000,000 to the Broadband Public Housing Account for providing grants to provide connectivity, as defined, to residents of Estate Association of America.
- 08/26/21 - In committee: Held under submission.
- LASCC's Position: Abstain, unless amended
- No business plan and cost benefit analysis.
- No parameters to support the underserved communities.
- There's already hundreds of millions collected in misc. fees on internet and cellphones, which is unaccounted for and exactly how it has been or is going to be spent.
- Creates another pot of money, without a spending or accountability plan.
Read the bill. Click Here