California ballot measure - citizen rights
assembly constitutional amendment no. 5
- 06/25/20: Chaptered by Secretary of State - Res. Chapter 23, Statutes of 2020.
- The California Constitution, pursuant to provisions enacted by the initiative Proposition 209 in 1996, prohibits the state from discriminating against, or granting preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting. The California Constitution defines the state for these purposes to include the state, any city, county, public university system, community college district, school district, special district, or any other political subdivision or governmental instrumentality of, or within, the state.
- Permits government decision-making poicies to consider race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin to address diversity by repealing articl I, section 31, of the
- Recommended Position: tbd
- LASCC Position: tbd
- Committee Recommended Position: tbd
- Advocacy Committee Recommended Position: tbd
Supporting Organizations and Articles
Opposing Organizations and Articles
Read the official Act. Click Here