South coast Air quality management district
warehouse tax - Rule 2305
- Intended to reduce emission caused by trucks.
- Makes warehouses responsible for decreasing truck emissions or pay a "mitigation fee."
- 05/07/21 - Fees adopted
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- Official study can't verify the rule actually reduces emissions.
- Adds nearly $1 a square foot to many warehouses, every year.
- They do not have the authority to regulate trucks.
- Millions of dollars charged to local businesses, which will likely cost jobs and raise prices to ship all our products.
- Owner receives no direct benefit from the fee, this "fee" is actually a tax. A tax that will not go before the voters.
- Regulation is complex, making it near impossible for warehouses to comply.
Read the rules. Click Here