california assembly - healthcare
Small engine regulations
Assemblymember Cecilia M. Aguiar-Curry
- 03/24/21 - Workshop was held. CARB requesting comments by April 8, 2021.
- Additional regulations would set new emission standards, drastically increasing costs for products with small off-road engines.
- Portable generators would need to meet new emission standards by 2024 and would require all portable generators to be zero-emission by 2028.
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- Forces small business owners to purchase expensive battery-powered hardware. New electric hardware cannot accommodate certain work environments let alone the overall public infrastructure does not support such drastic changes. As for general usage, a simple community event that uses generators becomes difficult to address.
Read the bill. Click Here