california senate & assembly - economy
SB-556 (Dodd), AB-537 (quirk), AND SB-378 (gonzalez)
2021-2022 Broadband Development Bills
- SB-556 Street light poles, traffic signal poles: small wireless facilities attachments.
- Would require a city, county, and local publicly owned electric utilities to make available appropriate space and capacity on and in their street light poles, traffic signal poles, and supporting structures for broadband infrastructure.
- Status: 09/09/21 - Enrolled and presented to the Governor at 1 p.m. History
- Click here for the bill.
- AB-537 Communications: wireless telecommunications and broadband facilities.
- SB-378 Local government: broadband infrastructure development project permit processing: microtrenching permit processing ordinance.
- Recommended Position: Support
- Extremely challenging and expensive infrastructure of broadband is placement of equipment. BizFed has developed a broadband infrastructure plan for a large share of the Southern California region. We are trying to align both business and government to accelerate the development of and access to broadband, while minimizing the costs to the consumer.