california - Los Angeles City - Energy
Cooling Apparatus Requirment
LA City: 23-0453
Los Angeles City Councilmember, Eunisses Hernandez
- Requiring rental property owners to install A/C in all rental units for LA City
- History: 05/31/2023 - Council adopted item as amended, subject to reconsideration.
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- Requiring rental property owners to install A/C in all rental units for LA City.
- Rental property owners, many who are already struggling, would be required to pay for all the expenses, including required DWP and all other electrical upgrades.
- There are over 700,000 plus rental units in Los Angeles and all of these new electrical appliances in each unit will likely overload DWP’s already overburdened infrastructure and increase renter’s electric bills.
- This motion is on top of California’s push for legislation to have all electric vehicles ASAP. Much of the infrastructure on rental properties will cause expensive unsustainable difficulties on the states electrical grid.
Read the ordinance. Click Here