LOS ANGELES ordinance initiative - HOUSING
land use and replacement housing requirements ordinance
Enhanced voucher program for unhoused Angelenos.
- Hotels will be required to provide guest rooms at a fair market rate
- Vacancy reports to be sent to City daily and quarterly
- Permits shall provide the name and address of each hotel’s
- Stockholders (with 10% holding), officers, directors, subcontractors, lessees, and hotel employee’s applications to be subject to CA Public Records Act. In addition, all application information will be posted on a public website.
- Currently in the signature collection phase.
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- While we believe there should be proper housing provided, this legislation can negatively impact the tourism industry.
- They shouldn’t be casually exposing a person’s private information, but they will have the ability to do so without requesting it. They want to put it out because if someone were to oppose, they would instead come back to each of those individuals and charge them a fee. They may not be saying it but history has shown it.