california Senate - Environment
Senator Dave Cortese
- Funds new electricity efforts for the purpose of decarbonizing buildings.
- Would require the Energy commission to identify and implement programs to promote existing and new building decarbonization.
- Would require the Energy Commission, under the EPIC program, to award funds for projects for the development and deployment of commercial and residential building decarbonization technologies and investments that reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas generation in those buildings.
- 05/10/21 - May 10 hearing: Placed on APPR suspense file.
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- Businesses going into electric will have higher energy bills because the infrastructure is not setup for such approaches.
Read the bill. Click Here