california Senate - Environment
Housing development: incentives: rezoning of idle retail sites.
Senator Dave Cortese
- 04/30/21 - Set for hearing May 10.
- Funds new electricity efforts for the purpose of decarbonizing buildings.
- Would require the Energy commission to identify and implement programs to promote existing and new building decarbonization.
- Would require the Energy Commission, under the EPIC program, to award funds for projects for the development and deployment of commercial and residential building decarbonization technologies and investments that reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas generation in those buildings.
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- Businesses going into electric will have higher energy bills because the infrastructure is not setup for such approaches.
Read the bill. Click Here