california senate - housing & land use
Planning and Zoning: Housing development: density
Senate Bill 902 (2020)
Introduced by Senator Scott Wiener
- 08/18/20: Set for first hearing. Placed on suspense file.
- The planning and Zoning Law requires a city or county to adopt a general plan for land use development within its boundaries that includes, among other things, a housing element. Existing law requires an attached housing development to be a permitted use, not subject to a conditional use permit, on any parcel zoned for multifamily housing if at least certain percentages of the units are available at affordable housing costs to very low income, lower income, and moderate-income households for at least 30 years and if the project meets specified conditions relating to location and being subject to a discretionary decision other than a conditional use permit. Existing law provides for various incentives intended to facilitate and expedite the construction of affordable housing.
- Local control for increase housing density
- Recommended Position: Support
- LASCC Position: tbd
- Committee Recommended Position: tbd
- Advocacy Committee Recommended Position: tbd
Supporting Organizations & Articles
- BizFed LA supports this bill.
Opposing Organizations & Articles
Read the official bill. Click Here