california senate - housing & land use
emergencies: covid-19: commercial tenancies: evictions
Senate Bill 939 (2020)
- 06/18/20: Held in committee and under submission.
- Existing law permits the Governor to proclaim a state of emergency during conditions of disaster or of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property, including epidemics. Existing law provides that the proclamation takes effect immediately, affords specified powers to the Governor, and terminates upon further proclamation by the Governor. Existing law prohibits the eviction of residential tenants during the pendency of a state of emergency, except as specified.
- Will require property owners to defer rent for over a year after COVID-19 emergency period for tenants unable to pay.
- Recommended Position: Oppose
- LASCC Position: tbd
- Committee Recommended Position: tbd
- Advocacy Committee Recommended Position: tbd
Supporting Organizations & Articles
Opposing Organizations & Articles
Read the official bill. Click Here