Los angeles county - housing & land use
oil well ordinance - DRAFT
Title 22 Amendments
- The County of Los Angeles is updating requirements for oil wells in unincorporated County areas. The proposed Oil Well Ordinance (ordinance) will update permit requirements and development and operating standards in Title 22 for existing and new oil wells and accessory facilities in unincorporated LA County.
- 04/13/20: Draft published online and is currently being reviewed.
- Additional Info
- New uses will require a Conditional Use Permit.
- Existing uses without a discretionary permit will require a ministerial review for deemed-approved status in order to continue operations.
- In Zones R-1, R-2, R-3, R-4, R-5, C-1, C-2, C-3, C-H, C-M, C-R, C-RU, and W:
- New uses will be prohibited; and
- Existing usage must cease operations 20 years after the effective date of the ordinance.
- LASCC Position: No Position
Read the official draft. Click Here